What is the 5-second rule game?
The Game of Time, Luck, and Brainstorming! A real fun game to play with your friends and family. So, rest your backs with snacks and drinks, know about the game in no time. Grab your game and hop on! The game is for ages 8 and for 3-6 players maximum. Requirements for the game are a board, question cards (Pass on Card, Switch Card, and Special Card) with 6 pawns, and a Timer with a 5-second mark.
How to play the game:
- Lay the board, place the cards in the card box and situate the timer.
- Place your pawns, according to the number of players and the player’s choice.
- All set on the START position, the youngest player amongst all will start the game by picking up a card.
- Each player gets 2 Pass On Cards, 3 Switch Cards, and 1 Special Card. These cards work this way:
- Pass On Card: A player can use this card twice during the whole game, for passing the question to the player on his left if he/she doesn’t know the answer before the timer goes off.
- Switch Card: A player can use this card thrice during the game, to switch the card with another for the change of the question as soon as he/she reads the question, which they don’t know.
- Special Card: A player can use this card once during the game, it is then the player’s choice to choose any card and answer the question for that one. if he/she answers the questions correctly he directly gets to move 5 chances ahead on the board and if it goes wrong, uh-oh, he/she has to go 3 steps back! It’s all in your hands whether you use the card or not :)
- Answer the questions asked on the card that is picked.
- One question asks for three answers, the pawn of the player moves ahead by 1 block each for 1 question answered correctly.
- The first player starts with picking up a card, if he/she knows the answer, it will be needed to answer in 5 seconds till the ball in the timer comes down and if successful, he/she will move 1 step ahead on the board.
- If the first player is not able to answer the question, before the timer goes off he/she can use one of the three extra cards and save himself from going back, because not answering it would lead to a negative move.
- If the question is passed, it moves to the player sitting on the left of the first Hot Seat Player, if the answer is correct, he moves ahead on the board or the question passes till it is answered by any of the players otherwise the question gets dismissed once it’s back to the first player again. The first player gets a chance to move ahead on the board.
- After the occurrence of such an event, the person on the left of the first Hot Seat player gets the position of The Hot Seat Player till the same situation comes up again.
- The acceptance of the answers depends on the players of the game, the majority wins.
5-Second Rule Board Game Rules:
- Each player should answer when his/her chance comes in. If he/she goes out of line, they’ll get disqualified.
- The player can use their extra cards as per the limits and within the timer.
- Answers will not be accepted once the timer goes off.
- No hard and fast rules on the correctness of the answers, if the majority group agrees on it, it is acceptable otherwise it’s not. No ifs and buts or manipulating.
- TIME! The major element which the player has to keep in his/her mind.
- No change of the placement of players can take place, once the game begins.
Funny 5-Second Rule Questions:
- Name 3 embarrassing natural phenomena in the body.
- Name 3 worst birthday presents one can get.
- Name 3 brands of alcohol.
- Name 3 weird movies you ever saw.
- Name 3 songs that involve animals.
- Name 3 funniest things.
- Name 3 funniest actors.
- Name 3 things that cause acidity.
Hard 5-Second Rule Questions:
- Name 3 mammals.
- Name 3 types of coffee.
- Name 3 Oscar-winning movies from the last 3 years.
- Name 3 actresses of the 70's Era.
- Name 3 largest continents.
- Name 3 Constellations.
- Name 3 green vegetables, from inside or out.
- Name 3 fruits you can get only in summers.
- Name 3 public places with WiFi.
- Name 3 WWE Wrestlers.
- Name any 3 Non-Chinese Companies.
- Name 3 worst places to visit on vacations.
- Name the 3 most highly rated horror movies.
- 3 presents you can gift your close ones, that'll make them the happiest.
- Name 3 most costly companies who sold clothes.
Dirty 5-Second Rule Questions:
- Name any 3 sex toys.
- Name 3 types of kisses.
- Name 3 sex positions.
- Name 3 public places where you can make out.
- Name 3 weirdest things to do while making love.
- Name 3 things a girl can wear to impress her partner.
- Name 3 sexy dresses/attires.
- Tell 3 things with which you can seduce your partner.
- Name 3 romantic things to do with your partner.
- 3 most romantic date ideas.
- Name 3 cringy things
- Name 3 ways of proposals. (One Word Answers)
5-Second Rule Kids Questions:
- Name 3 toys.
- Name 3 places to visit in Summer Vacations.
- Name 3 animals with horns.
- Name 3 things starting with the letter "M"
- Name 3 junk foods.
- Name 3 nursery rhymes.
- Name 3 flavors of ice cream.
- Name any 3 sports.
- Name 3 best gifts you got on your birthday.
- Name 3 seasons.
- You can brainstorm too after question cards get over and you want to continue with the game.
5-Seconds Game Online:
Through these tough times of sitting inside your homes, all isolated and bored of the daily schedules, why not try a 5-second rule game with your friends and family? The best way to have fun and take some of your time away from all the chaos and mind-wrecking daily chores. Make a meeting room, in whatever app you like: Zoom, Google Meet, or even over Whatsapp groups or video calls, and start playing!
- Get yourself a Host who coordinates the whole game.
- With the shared screen, you can see the board all set up. The host will raise a card for the Hot Seat Player and mind the moves of the pawns.
- The twist in this form of playing will be, if the player does not answer correctly in 5 seconds, he’ll be given a task to perform. For example: “Imitate a monkey” or “Dance on your favorite track”. P.S. The task will be given only on the selected card question, not on the passed questions and players.
- Usually, the player who touches the finish line wins but this game will have another winner. The player who did the most tasks and almost all of them with zeal and correctness also wins. Both the decisions lie on the majority.
Winner of 5-Second Rule Game:
The one who reaches the Finish Line on the board by answering most of the questions, WINS!
Things To Talk About With Your Crush
How to Compliment a Girl
How to Compliment a Guy